Membership Type: Associate
What makes the OATUG mission meaningful to you?
The OATUG mission goes unmatched – there is no other organization for which performing in this vital capacity for our user community. There is no other organization I would rather volunteer my time and support its mission. I very much enjoy giving back to the user community all of what the user community has given to me throughout my career. OATUG is a member-led organization that has kept its independence from Oracle. It helps customers in an unbiased way through education, advice and networking, helping to maximize their investments in Oracle. This is what attracts me to supporting the OATUG mission. OATUG's mission statement is completely aligned with my own philosophy and jointly inspires me professionally and as an OATUG volunteer.
Please list your previous and current OATUG volunteer roles, COLLABORATE experience, and other volunteer or leadership experience with other organizations:
My previous volunteer roles include:
- Chair OATUG GEO/SIG Committee
- Co-Chair OATUG GEO/SIG Committee
- OATUG Governance Committee
- OATUG Meeting & Conferences Committee
- OATUG Nominating Committee
- OATUG Cloud Strategy Committee
- Director OATUG Board of Directors
- Recipient 2016 OATUG Member of the Year
- Presenter OATUG GEOs: Texas-Louisiana, New England, DC, Pittsburgh, Mid-Atlantic, RMOUG, ECO
- Co-founder Piedmont-Triad Oracle Users Group
My current volunteer roles include:
- Coordinator Eastern States OATUG
- Coordinator Customizations and Alternatives SIG
- Chair OATUG GEO Committee Chair
- OATUG Special Projects
- OATUG COLLABORATE 20 Committee
- East Coast Oracle / Eastern States OAUG Board
My COLLABORATE experience:
- COLLABORATE 20 Committee
- COLLABORATE Meeting & Conferences Committee member
- Education Committee/COLLABORATE room builds
- Presenter of many application and technology COLLABORATE whitepapers
- Hosted on-line COLLABORATE education webinars
- Hosted COLLABORATE workshops
My other volunteer experience:
- Local schools fundraising and projects, higher-education project volunteer and non-profit contributor, leader/mentor
- Children’s athletic soccer, baseball, basketball, and hockey teams
- National Soccer Coaching License
Why are you running for the board, and what skills, connections, resources, and expertise do you have to offer to the organization?
To give back. Since 1991, twentyeight years ago, when I completed my first Oracle EBS Installation, as the Technical Lead, I have become a trusted advisor to many Oracle product owners, and OATUG Member organizations. From 1991 to 2019, I have been honored to successfully lead hundreds of Oracle projects varying in size and complexity. Working with many diverse organizations has exposed me to different people, ideas, organizations, and cultures, broadening my perspective on the most complex Oracle and business issues. During that time my leadership, strategic, and tactical experience has been sharpened and perfected. I have also gained invaluable critical thinking skills, which can be directly applied to the OATUG Board.
If elected to the Board of Directors, I am confident that I can continue delivering valuable and meaningful contributions to the Board, membership and the ongoing success and mission of the OATUG.
Tell us about your current professional role and what Oracle products you are using and/or supporting.
My current professional role evolves around Oracle and its application and technology offerings. Over the past several years I have had the opportunity to get more engaged with “cloud” products from Oracle and other vendors. Starting as an Oracle Developer in the mid 80s, my Oracle career grew over the next 25+ years to include roles such as Oracle DBA, Functional/Technical Lead, Program/Project Manager, Program Director and Strategic Trusted Advisor. I have actively led Oracle EBS (12.2) implementation and upgrade projects, both on-premise and cloud “lift and shift” projects. In addition, I have actively been involved with the integration of Oracle SaaS (cloud) and Oracle EBS products (cloud/on-premise). I am an Oracle Application and Technology ACE, member of the Oracle Applications and Applications Technology CAB, co-author of several Oracle EBS Application books and StreetSmarts series, and an avid OATUG promoter, supporter, presenter and attendee of COLLABORATE and Oracle OpenWorld events.