Oracle Cloud has delivered a consolidation of products (and functions) across a wide range of industries. Look at today’s product feature set and you will see a plethora of capabilities. Cloud Financials product now includes the full suite (GL, AP, AR, FA, CM, and reporting). These products also contain feature sets that were desirable (not available) in the OnPrem product.
Thus, in Cloud, you have management of the closing process with reconciliation, KPI’s and data dashboards that provide better visualization and effective use of data to enable analytical and reporting capability.
With the acquisition of Hyperion about a decade ago, various functionalities supporting FPA and Close activities became part of the Oracle family providing more functions that OnPrem users had previously used external tools to manage – planning and budgeting, close and consolidation, reconciliations and other related capabilities.
With the plethora of products and capabilities what do you as a user get – the simple direct answer is – a lot! As with other products and consolidated tools – the issue becomes an overlap of capabilities across these products.
What are the ideal situations where we can all be on the same page with what to use where, and which product “wins” the possibility to be most effective? There are conflicting discussions and each product has its strengths – but without seeing what capabilities are available for day-to-day activities, it is nearly impossible to make a decision for purchasing one over the other.Learning Objectives -
Join us to understand:
- The options and a high-level opinion from Oracle Product Managers to assist you in making an informed decision
- The EPM product suite
- What the tools from the EPM suite can address
- How to use each of these functions effectively in each product suite
- Rich Wilkie – Vice President, EPM Product Management at Oracle
- Shyam Santhanam – Director, Oracle ERP Cloud Financials Product Management
- Milan Parikh – Senior Director at Oracle
- Sundarraman Narayanan – Oracle
Hosted by the General Ledger SIG