The Process Manufacturing SIG is open to all users of the Oracle Process Manufacturing software. This special interest group is composed entirely of volunteers, charges no membership dues and is constantly seeking new members. Our application is a broad one and so we are divided into subcommittees to narrow our focus. These subcommittees are mini-SIGs within our Process Manufacturing SIG. As you travel through our site, you will find many links to the Chair persons for these mini SIGs. Please feel free to get involved with as many of these mini-SIGs as you like.
Charter & By-Laws
The Process Manufacturing SIG was formed in response to OAUGTM Objectives to promote the formation of special interest groups focused on Oracle Applications for the exchange and dissemination of information.
the Process Manufacturing SIG will address topics relevant to the installation, configuration, implementation, maintenance, support and continued enhancement of OPM Applications. In so doing, the Process Manufacturing SIG will work to improve processes, documentation, software and other items related to the above objectives through active participation in the Oracle OPM enhancement process, development of materials and programs and the exchange of information.
Section I - Name
- Name. The Process Manufacturing SIG
Section 2 - Organization
Structure. the Process Manufacturing SIG shall be made up of its members. the Process Manufacturing SIG is a volunteer group having no membership dues or paid officers.
- Members may include licensed users of OPM, prospective users evaluating OPM, consultants and vendors of products complementary to OPM and any OATUGTM member.
- Associate Members may participate as non-voting members of the Process Manufacturing SIG. Associate Members are welcome to participate in activities of the OPM SIG: They may attend meetings and subscribe to the List Server. The SIG realizes that the incentive for Associate Members is in the ability to network with users and make contacts, however the following restriction is imposed on Associate Members: They may not use the List Server to broadcast Marketing messages, they can only ask functional or technical questions or post answers to the questions of others. Firms violating this rule will be permanently removed from the List Server.
- Management of the Process Manufacturing SIG shall include the following:
- A Coordinator, who shall be responsible for coordinating activities of the Process Manufacturing SIG and shall serve as a key contact for OAUGTM.
- A Membership representative, who shall be responsible for promoting participation in the Process Manufacturing SIG. This position must be filled by a User Member.
- An Enhancement representative, who shall be responsible for soliciting enhancement requests from the SIG, for facilitating the incorporation of such requests into the OATUGTM enhancement process and for disseminating information from the OATUGTM Enhancement Committee to the Process Manufacturing SIG.
Selection of Management. Members wishing to volunteer for positions in the management of the Process Manufacturing SIG shall declare their candidacy during the 1st quarter of the calendar year. Should more than one member volunteer for a position, a vote will be held during the SIG day meeting at the OATUGTM Spring Conference. All members present at the SIG day meeting will be eligible to vote. Should only one candidate exist for each management position as of the Spring SIG Day Meeting, the appointment will be made by acclimation.
Term of Management. Management positions shall be for one year beginning on April 1st and concluding on March 31st, except in the event of multiple candidates for a position, in which case the position term will begin following a vote of those members present on SIG day at the Spring Conference.
© The Process Manufacturing SIG, 1998
The "OATUG" mark is licensed from Oracle Applications & Technology Users Group, the proprietor of the OATUG mark.