The OTM SIG Board proudly organises an OTM User Conference in the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel on 20-22 March 2024, which is the 12th OTM event in Europe to better serve the region. Key representatives from OTM Strategy and Development will attend this conference, and various partners in OTM’s ecosystem will sponsor. This conference is an addition to the yearly OTM conferences in America and APAC.
The event is designed to bring together users and potential users of the OTM software to share knowledge, ideas and experiences. With an expected attendance of 150 people from a dozen countries, this event will be the perfect place to find answers to your questions, meet with Oracle representatives and collaborate on ideas for future upgrades.
Please send us your requests and recommendations to email@example.com
Oracle Logistics Cloud Product Strategy Update by Srini Rajagopal (Oracle)
Oracle Logistics Cloud enables your organization to digitize and optimize your supply chain execution business processes, which in turn delivers increased perfect order performance, lower supply chain costs, and improved supply chain flexibility. This session provides an overview of Oracle’s transportation management and global trade management offerings and product road map insights. Come learn about advances to existing capabilities and expansion into new areas such as Sustainability, Logistics Network Modeling, Transportation Capacity Forecasting, and Preferential Trade Agreements. In addition, see how emerging technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning (ML), and Digital Assistants are being incorporated to help you manage your supply chain efficiently and effectively in an era of constant disruption.
Srini Rajagopal is Vice President, Logistics Product Strategy at Oracle. He has responsibility for the team that leads the strategy for Oracle Transportation Management and Global Trade Management. Srini was part of the G-Log team and came to Oracle in 2005 as part of the G-Log acquisition.
OTM-GTM Product Development Update by Karl Baker (Oracle)
This session will cover the latest release information for Transportation and Global Trade, including release dates, support plans, and feature highlights of recent and near-term releases, with a focus on some of the technical innovations in our OTM / GTM Cloud.
Karl Baker is the Vice President of Product Management for Oracle’s OTM and GTM products. Mr. Baker has over thirty years of experience covering all aspects of the development and delivery of transportation management software; he is responsible for managing the product management, and release content for Oracle’s market leading Oracle Transportation Management system (OTM) and Oracle’s Global Trade Management system (GTM). Before joining Oracle as part of the G-Log acquisition, Mr. Baker was a co-founder of G-Log. At G-Log Mr. Baker was responsible for all product strategy, product scope, product positioning, and build versus buy decisions. Prior to founding G-Log Mr. Baker was the Program Manager for the Manugistics’ Transportation Management (TMS) suite of products. During his eleven years at Manugistics, Mr. Baker was responsible for the release scope, release content, product positioning and quality assurance for all Manugistics transportation management products. Mr. Baker holds a B.S. in Business Administration from Elizabethtown College and an MBA from Drexel University.
OTM Fleet Work Assignment Column Generation Algorithm by Sundar Arunapuram (Oracle)
In this presentation I will discuss the various concepts in OTM involving the stringing of shipments together such as Multi-segment Shipments, Continuous Moves, Work Assignments and Driver Assignment. This presentation will primarily focus on the new column generation based algorithm for Work Assignment that was developed in 23C. We will also share some results from a couple of test scenarios.
Sundar Arunapuram is Vice President Logistics Development at Oracle. He leads Planning & Optimization, Fleet, Analytics, Workbench, Order Management & Shipment Actuals, Rate Maintenance and Planning Execution development teams for Oracle Transportation Management product.
TBD by Marybeth Robert (Oracle)
Marybeth Roberts is a Distinguished Software Architect responsible for product architecture design and solution approaches for Oracle OTM and GTM products. She has a key focus on the end to end logistics solutions in the Supply Chain Management product family. Ms. Roberts has 35 years of experience in transportation management software. Ms. Roberts was a founder of G-Log (Global Logistics Technologies) acquired by Oracle to be their transportation solution. Prior to founding G-Log, Ms. Roberts was at Manugistics, Inc for 12 years and had the role of Director of Architecture.
Upcoming Platform Changes in Analytics for Oracle Logistics Cloud by Brian Ramos (Oracle)
Oracle Logistics Cloud will soon be transitioning to native Cloud Services, from Oracle Analytics Server to Oracle Analytics Cloud for analytic capability and from Oracle Data Integrator to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Integration for ETL to the historical data schema. The goal of this presentation is to provide a high-level understanding of our analytic and ETL architectures and landscapes, current and to-be, and to communicate the functional value of this transition for implementors and customers.
Brian Ramos is a Product Manager in Oracle’s Logistics Product Development organization. With 15+ years of experience in logistics management and supply chain information systems, Brian serves as the Product Owner for the Analytics, Sourcing and Rate Maintenance product areas within Logistics Development. He holds an undergraduate degree in Economics (Messiah University) and a Master of Engineering in Logistics degree (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
UNHCR goes live globally using Oracle OTM Cloud by Gaye Ulutas Khanal (UNHCR)
UNHCR is a UN agency with a mandate of serving refugee population across the world. As part of the humanitarian assistance provided by UNHCR, the organization transports humanitarian aid goods through its global freight forwarders usually from Asia to the countries where there are refugees population with immediate needs.
With OTM, the organization at the HQ level targets to have a full visibility of the core relief items being shipped to the country operations, containing lifesaving humanitarian aid materials such as blankets, plastic sheets, tents etc.
As a non-profit international humanitarian organization, UNHCR should be able to provide its donors the full background of the humanitarian assistance being provided to refugees including what/when/how the assistance is provided. OTM, therefore will be one of the key tools in logistic services of UNHCR to provide a life cycle of a shipment within a specific time frame from a given source to a destination/location/region. This will eventually serve agile and reliable global logistics infrastructure to optimize the transport of goods. By having comprehensive overview of its shipments via OTM, UNHCR field level logistic operation will ensure the timely activation of last mile distribution to the refugees.
With distance-based calculation methodology implemented, the system can extract CO2 footprint of each shipment through the application with help of EDI. This real time data will help UNHCR how to strategize its logistic activities with a more sustainable way.
With the introduction of OTM, UNHCR can now take advantage of the seamless integration between Cloud ERP modules such as Procurement, Product Data hub to and from OTM. Full visibility on shipments with the product/content information with the help of integration between Cloud ERP modules: with OTM have a full life cycle of a shipment; OTM as a key tool in an agile and reliable global logistics infrastructure; OTM real time data. With help of EDI, will help UNHCR how to strategize its logistic activities. Visibility on CO2 Emissions of UNHCR Global Transportation activities
Gaye Ulutas Khanal has been working for UNHCR last 11 years within the supply chain function of organization. Her education is on Information Science. In UNHCR though her background is mainly correlated with procurement related activities. On her current assignment, she is located at the HQ of the organization in Budapest as a team lead of the International Transportation Team. The team is responsible of managing the freight forwarding activities with 3rd party logistic companies from Goods Suppliers to UNHCR Warehouses across the world and ensure timely and smooth deliveries.
Denso EU OTM Implementation 2023 by Willem Lust (Denso)
During this presentation we will illustrate OTM’s flexibility in dealing with customer-specific requirements using standard configurations. We delivered, tested, and deployed driving ban and region-specific billing rules such as toll charge functionality, which is specific to EU regulations. With an innovative approach to the problem, we created a comprehensive process to tackle some of these complex issues. Previously the process was manual, and it would take up to 2 months to plan for an annual forecast. There are at least 27 driving bans a year across different weeks and countries. We have reduced the time for this process while at the same time considering hundreds of possible routes in order to achieve the best cost efficiency, to just a few hours. We also reduced the financial effects of driving bans and have improved delivery time efficiency.
Willem Lust has over 18 years of experience managing logistics for Denso. He is based in Amsterdam.
Kraft Heinz OTM-GTM Implementation 2023 by Konstantinos Papoulias (Kraft Heinz)
The aim of this presentation is to provide insights on how OTM-GTM has allowed us to streamline and facilitate the smooth movement of goods through the supply chain and protect the interests of all parties involved by moving from a predominantly manual process to an automated service. Join this session to learn how this innovative OTM-GTM solution helps to address various logistics documentation requirements, such as document determination based on parameters like trade lane, cargo, involved parties, etc.; options to receive or generate documents along with version control; latest document version visibility across all linked shipments; mass document upload option against multiple independent shipments with error handling.
Further to this we will highlight the benefits of GTM and how it ensures that we are only shipping our goods globally once they have been put through robust screening for all the parties associated with the shipment, product classifications have been applied correctly for the goods that are being shipped, and sanction country screening has taken place to safeguard us against any embargoed countries. We also have numerous business rules that have been created to ensure that correct documentation is present depending on the material being shipped and the ship from and to locations that drive these documents are considered to ensure that we meet the specific customs requirements for these locations.
Konstantinos Papoulias: I have 6 years of experience in logistics working for Denso EU, specifically in transportation planning, import/export, and trade compliance. In the past, I have implemented multiple projects including TMS implementations for EU and non-EU based companies, Brexit ops setup, network routing and design post-Brexit, and more.
From 6.1 to OTM Cloud: a Customer Journey by TBD (Customer) and Pietro Cossari (Business Reply)
The Customer is an important food company founded in 1957 and based in Northern Italy. It operates in the fresh milk and dairy-cheese sector, dry pasta, deli meats and vegetable foods. Its Logistic branch distributes fresh food all over the Italian territory, selling transportation services to many other food companies. OTM On-premise has been adopted since 2010 to bring in one platform all the distribution flows that are owned and managed by production plants, depot platforms and transfer points across the logistic network.
The Move to Cloud initiative that took place in 2023 was focused on translating the existing processes and functionalities into a more modern and standardized platform re-engineering the interfaces by moving logics from OTM database to OIC reinventing acknowledgment procedures migrating master and transactional data by leveraging the REST APIs for the management of Data Export enabling new useful features such as the Rate Maintenance.
During the session the methodology, the functional and technical contents will be explored in details together with the results and lessons learned of this project.
Pietro Cossari is an OTM Manager at Business Reply. Currently, he is the Project Manager for OTM Cloud for several international transport providers, 3PL and 4PLs.
Learn How A Global Freight Forwarder transform/digitize their business process by Implementing OTM & Oracle CPQ Cloud by Nishant Kumar (Birlasoft)
In this session, we share our insights from work with a global Freight forwarding company, where we led the digital transformation of multiple, end-to-end business processes with OTM & Oracle CPQ Implementation. We will also unveil some of the challenges that Forwarding players may encounter through their digital transformation initiatives, and how Birlasoft can help move beyond them.
Looking to complexity of Quotation process for various forwarding company, let's study how effectively CPQ & OTM managed complex business scenarios with different modes of transportation:
• Managing complex rate set up in OTM with charge codes and which gives the visibility of Export & Import separately.
• Fetching rates by using different types of Rate Enquiry functionality.
• Analysis of RIQ XML structure for different calling method and scenarios.
• Better simulation of Buy and sell rates in order to quote best price to customer. (Mark up, Discount, Approval.)
• Overall profitability dashboard: Plan Cost/Revenue/Profit vs Actual Cost/Revenue/Profit
• Freight Forwarding related screens/menu designed within OTM, used different OTM tables to manage JOB cost sheet
We will also talk about some of the key value realization, like:
• 80 % efficiency improvement in terms of quotation execution cycle through margin threshold-based approval cycle
• 70% of efficiency and control improvement on profit margin through three-dimensional (Planned Vs Provisional Vs Actual) margin visibility at job level
• 50% reduction in cost deviations (Planned Vs Actual) & Standalone bookings
• 50% reduction in response time to customers
• 100% suppliers onboarding with self-service on tender acceptance, cost booking resulting in 20% cost reduction.
Nishant Kumar has 11+ years with rich working experience in 3PL Manufacturing, freight forwarding, shipping industries. Working as Solution Architect delivered OTM/WMS projects for 3PL, 4PL, Freight forwarder, liner & Shipping industries. His significant contribution to build go-to-market strategies on emerging technologies and create a quantified value proposition which has resulted in revenue growth for the accounts he has delivered. Nishant has successfully implemented many projects as a technology which includes role of solution blueprint, fit/gap analysis, functional configuration, integrations to other systems. Currently Leading Oracle Supply Chain Practice for Birlasoft.
The Unbreakable Link: Logistics as the Heartbeat of Strategic Sourcing by Laura Ciocan (Oracle)
Automated Trade Compliance: Objective: Ensure adherence to international trade regulations and minimize compliance risks. · Implementation: Integrate Oracle GTM with ERP Sourcing to automate compliance checks, document generation, and real-time updates on regulatory changes. · Benefits: Reduce compliance-related delays, avoid penalties, and enhance the efficiency of customs processes.
Comprehensive Landed Cost Calculation: · Objective: Gain a comprehensive understanding of the total landed cost of goods acquisition, including duties, taxes, and transportation expenses. · Implementation: Integrate Oracle GTM seamlessly with ERP Sourcing to incorporate all relevant landed cost components into the sourcing decision-making process. · Benefits: Enable accurate and transparent cost estimation, providing decision-makers with a comprehensive view of the financial implications of sourcing decisions.
Data-Driven Decision-Making: · Objective: Enable data-driven decision-making in strategic sourcing. · Implementation: Empower procurement teams with the ability to factor in landed costs seamlessly during the sourcing process, leveraging real-time data from Oracle GTM within the ERP Sourcing interface. · Benefits: Improve decision accuracy, optimize cost structures, and align sourcing strategies with overall business objectives.
Risk Management: Objective: Identify and mitigate risks associated with global trade, including geopolitical events and regulatory changes. o Implementation: Utilize Oracle GTM's risk management tools integrated with ERP Sourcing to monitor and assess potential risks. o Benefits: Improve risk mitigation strategies, enhance supply chain resilience, and ensure business continuity. Expected Outcomes: 1. Cost Optimization: By factoring in total landed costs and optimizing transportation routes, companies anticipates a significant reduction in sourcing expenses. 2. Improved Compliance: Automation of compliance checks and documentation ensures that the company remains compliant with global trade regulations, reducing the risk of penalties. 3. Enhanced Visibility: Real-time visibility into the supply chain enables proactive decision-making, minimizing disruptions and improving overall supply chain performance. 4. Strategic Decision Support: The integrated solution provides data-driven insights, facilitating informed strategic sourcing decisions aligned with business objectives. Conclusion: The integration of Oracle GTM with ERP Sourcing represents a strategic initiative for companies, providing a unified platform for comprehensive cost analysis, compliance management, and real-time decision support.
Laura Ciocan: As a Principal Logistics Solution Engineer, I thrive on the intersection of technology and logistics, where I've had the privilege of working with diverse teams to design and implement cutting-edge solutions. My mission is to help organizations optimize their supply chain operations, reduce costs, enhance efficiency, and ultimately, deliver superior customer experiences. Leading and facilitating discovery workshops to understand potential client’s vision, strategy, challenges and build a digital roadmap with recommended solutions that will deliver impactful business outcomes for the customer; I thrive on collaborating with clients to define their logistics challenges and then presenting them with innovative, custom demos and stories that shows how the solution will help create business outcome;.
Enhanced Transportation Productivity in FMCG by Leveraging Automation in OTM by Sushali Arora (Infosys)
In today's world where its all about Automation and Artificial Intelligence, Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) emerges as an essential tool, offering to reorganize the processes, and cost regulation and improve transportation efficiency within FMCG landscape .
Attendees will understand the Challenges in FMCG Transportation which includes Dynamic Demand, Multi-layered Network, Cost Burdens and Strict Compliance
Automation as a Solution:
- Order Management: Automate order management ,building shipment , and carrier choice based on predefined instructions and optimization algorithms. This helps in over all reduction in cost and improved service and capacity levels.
- Real-time Visibility: For hands-on intervention and curative action to ensure on-time deliveries, The automated Shipment Track and Trace functionality can be used.
- Predictive Analytics: The Data trends and pattern can be identified by using OTM inbuild analytics tools. This enables active planning for dynamic fluctuations, demand tops, and potential disturbances.
- Route Planning & Optimization: OTM's route optimization engine to generate effective routes, traffic patterns, and vehicle capacity helps to minimizes transportation time and fuel consumption.
Sushali Arora has 16+ years of extensive experience in IT industry in implementing technical and business solutions to improve Logistics, warehouse and planning enterprise business applications which involves a deep understanding of different ERP products like SAP, OTM-GC3 in both functional and technical aspects.
Multi Modal Shipment Tracking leveraging the UNEDIFACT EDI Standard including Carbon emissions tracking for UNHCR by Leo Tagle and Peter Verschure (Oracle Consulting)
In this paper we, as Oracle Consulting, want to share the key OTM Cloud solutions of our implementation at UNHCR, with the audience. We want to showcase the OTM solution for UNHCR and how it improved the UNHCR’s control tower operations.
The key improvements we will discuss are:
• Purchase Order and master data management leveraging Oracle Integration Cloud for a seamless integration between Cloud ERP modules such as Procurement, Product Data hub to and from OTM.
• Shipment Execution that provides the UNHCR Control Tower, visibility throughout the shipment lifecycle
• Integrated solution for multiple global freight forwarders through B2B EDI communication leveraging Oracle Integration Cloud following the UNEDIFACT EDI Standard
o Shipment Tendering, response, and documentation
o Multi modal Shipment Tracking which includes carbon emission metadata
• Shipment carbon emission calculation dashboard - a culmination of the UNHCR Order-to-Shipment Lifecycle. Data processed and received from different stages contribute to the emission calculation.
Leo Tagle: I have successfully supported several Oracle Customers and Partners in implementing Oracle Applications. With more than 15 years of IT experience, I have worked across multiple industries providing service off and onsite. As a consultant, I have played different roles depending on the need of the project. I am highly adaptable, reliable, good team player and leader.
Peter Verschure: Peter joined Oracle more than 25 years ago. Starting as an implementation consultant he now acts as a Project Manager for OTM implementations. As a project manager he was involved in the implementation of OTM at UNHCR.
Navigating Excellence: A Comprehensive Guide to Exploring Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) Reporting Strategies and Choosing the Right Fit for Your Business by Selva Ganesh Gurusamy (Infosys)
In the dynamic landscape of transportation management, Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) emerges as a pivotal tool, offering a suite of robust reporting features. This session, "Decoding OTM Reports: Choose Your Best Fit," is designed to guide businesses through the exploration of OTM reporting strategies.
Attendees will delve into the core capabilities of OTM reporting, ranging from standard reports to advanced analytics, with a focus on customization to align reports with unique business objectives. The agenda covers effective data visualization techniques, automation, and security measures, providing insights into tailoring reports for optimal decision-making. Real-world case studies illuminate successful implementations, while a dedicated segment aids participants in determining the best-fit reporting strategy based on their specific criteria. Join us to unlock the potential of OTM reporting and make informed choices tailored to your business needs.
Selva has 18+ years of extensive experience in IT industry in implementing technical and business solutions to improve Logistics, warehouse and planning enterprise business applications which involves a deep understanding of different ERP products like SAP, OTM-GC3 in both functional and technical aspects.
Subject to change
|WEDNESDAY 20 MARCH 2024
|Registration Open and Reception
|THURSDAY 21 MARCH 2024
|Registration Open and Networking Breakfast
|Welcome and opening address from OTM SIG Board
|KEYNOTE: Oracle Logistics Product Development update
|Coffee break and Networking
|Lunch and Networking
|KEYNOTE: Oracle Logistics Product Strategy Update
|Coffee break and Networking
|Canal Boat Reception
|FRIDAY 22 MARCH 2024
|Coffee break and Networking
|Wrap-up Session and Lunch
- The registration rate is just € 495 (Late registration is €595 after 3 February 2024) and this will allow you to attend all sessions on both days, the opening reception and the canal boat reception.
- Groups of 3 or more attendees from the same company get €95 discount.
- The registration is free for speakers, so don't hesitate to submit your paper.
- If you need a Visa invitation letter, please contact our Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) after having registered for the conference.
OTM SIG values and appreciates our conference sponsors. Your contributions help make this conference possible and keeps registration fees lower for attendees. The following sponsorship opportunities are available:
PLATINUM (€ 7,000) SOLD OUT
- Limited to three (3) sponsors.
- Tabletop Exhibit (1.80m table on 3.00x2.00m area) prominently positioned in Exhibit Hall.
- Sponsor recognition with 10 minutes of stage time before one of the General sessions.
- Three (3) full conference registrations to all sessions and meals.
- Placement of marketing collateral (provided by Sponsor) in event giveaway bag.
- All PATRON sponsorship benefits
GOLD (€ 4,500)
- Limited to four (4) sponsors.
- Tabletop Exhibit (1.60m table on 2.00x1.50m area) prominently positioned in Exhibit Hall.
- Opportunity to present a fun & lively Speed Session (2 minutes of stage time in front of all conference attendees).
- Two (2) full conference registrations to all sessions and meals.
- Placement of marketing collateral (provided by Sponsor) in event giveaway bag.
- All PATRON sponsorship benefits
SILVER (€ 2,500)
- Limited to six (6) sponsors.
- Tabletop Exhibit (cocktail table on 1.50x1.50m area) in Exhibit Hall.
- One (1) full conference registrations to all sessions and meals.
- Placement of marketing collateral (provided by Sponsor) in event giveaway bag.
- All PATRON sponsorship benefits.
PATRON (€ 750)
- Recognition as Sponsor on conference marketing material, signage, and website.
- Pre and post conference registration list.
ADDITIONAL BRANDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR SPONSORS
Canal Boat Sponsor (€ 2,000)
- Limited to one (1) sponsor
- Recognition as a Canal Boat Sponsor on conference marketing material, signage and website.
- The one-hour Canal Boat tour takes place on Thursday 21 March after the conference sessions.
Lanyard Sponsor (€ 2,000) SOLD OUT
- Limited to one (1) sponsor
- Placement of sponsor logo (single color) on conference lanyard.
Full details including terms and conditions of the sponsorship options are included in the sponsorship prospectus.
CALL FOR PAPERS
- The OTM SIG Board invites you to submit your paper for the conference. We would like to see both the business change (by the client) and the technical challenges (by implementation partner).
- The presentation should take 45 minutes including a 10 minute Q&A session.
- Examples of presentations can be found here: http://www.otmsig.com/events.
- Papers will be reviewed by the OTM SIG Board, and approved papers will be awarded with one single complimentary conference registration, irrespective of the number of presenters.
- If your paper is submitted before 8 January 2024, and subsequently approved, you will be awarded with two complimentary conference registrations
- Call for Papers deadline is extended to 29 January 2024.
Please download the form through the link below and return it by email to email@example.com.
The 2024 OTM User Conference Europe will take place in the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
Amsterdam, 1054 ES, Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 607 5555
Please note that Conference will include a breakfast service on Thursday and Friday from 08:00 until 09:00
Book Your Hotel Room
Other accommodations near the venue:
- NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter, Hobbemakade 50, 1071XL Amsterdam
- NH Amsterdam Centre, Stadhouderskade 7,1054 Amsterdam
- Mercure Centre Canal District, Noorderstraat 46, 1017TV Amsterdam
- Ibis Styles Amsterdam Amstel, Stadhouderskade 131, 1074AW Amsterdam
- NH Carlton Amsterdam, Vijzelstraat 4, 1017 Amsterdam
- NH Amsterdam Schiller, Rembrandtplein 26-36, 1017 Amsterdam
- NH Amsterdam Caransa, Rembrandtplein 19, 1017 Amsterdam
- NH City Centre Amsterdam, Spuistraat 288-292,1012 Amsterdam