Once your presentation has been accepted and scheduled, you can follow these guidelines on promoting and presenting your session.
Preparing for Your eLearning Session:
- Get tips for your presentation!
- Learn about ways to market your session and use our Speaker Marketing Kit.
- All presenters and co-presenters should complete their OATUG profile prior to the session and add their headshot. This profile will help attendees to learn about you and connect. (If you do not have a profile, you can create a free profile.)
- Presenters are encouraged to post in the OATUG Hub before the presentation. You can do this a few weeks out to solicit questions or thoughts from our community, and again closer to the webinar. OATUG members that are part of the Hub get emails about activity there, so it's a great way to connect directly with those that would be interested.
- Test your internet connection and audio settings. Please use a headset or phone for delivering your presentation to ensure a high-quality recording.
- Make sure that all presenters/co-presenters have received the information for joining their session in advance of the scheduled date.
eLearning Session Format:
- All presenters/panelists should log on 15 minutes before the session start time. An OATUG staff member will open the session, help to set up the presentation, and run a tech check.
- You will be responsible for sharing your screen with your presentation slides. Please make sure that all background apps, programs that will have pop-ups or sounds, and distracting windows are closed.
- An OATUG staff member will help to facilitate your session. At the start of the session, the staff member will welcome participants and provide brief instructions.
- For one-hour sessions, plan for 45-50 minutes of content, with 10-15 minutes for Q&A.
- The attendees will be muted throughout the presentation, but they can ask questions through the chat window.
- After your presentation is finished, the OATUG staff member help facilitate the Q&A.
Presentation Slide Decks:
- All eLearning presenters are required to use the official OATUG eLearning PowerPoint template for OATUG eLearning presentations.
- The first slide is to be used for your presentation title, your name, and your company.
- You may include one slide for your presenter information and one slide for your company’s information and logo.
- The remaining slides must only contain the eLearning agenda and content of your presentation.
- You may not use your company’s logo on any slides other than your company information slide. If you do place your logo on additional slides, the presentation will be returned to you for correction.
- You may include a slide with your “thank you” and contact information so that attendees can connect with you.
- We recommend keeping the graphics on your slides simple and clear.
- Save your final presentation slides file in PDF format and send it to Speaker Programs or submit through our eLearning Form, prior to your eLearning presentation.