Title: Chief Technology Officer
Company: IT Convergence
Membership Type: Associate
What makes the OATUG mission meaningful to you?
I've been working in the Oracle community for over 15 years. I am committed to maximizing users’ investments in Oracle Products from authoring a book (E-Business Suite Financial Handbook), building communities across Latin America (co-Founder of Latinoaug, AROUG) and leading a series of community events across 12 countries in LATAM for over four years.
I believe in the power of communities for bringing not just knowledge, empowering people by connecting them, and powering progress in their professional careers and life.
Please list your previous and current OATUG volunteer roles, COLLABORATE experience, and other volunteer or leadership experience with other organizations:
- Oracle ACE Director Specialty in Applications
- Current co-chair of the "Mobile for Enterprises SIG"
- Member of Oracle E-Business Suite Customer Advisory Board and Partner Advisory Board
- Member of Oracle Enterprise Manager Customer Advisory Board
- Member of the Oracle Development Cloud Customer Advisory Board
- Board member of LatinOAUG (Argentina Applications User Group)
- President of AROUG (Argentina Technology User Group)
- President of LAOUC (Latin America Oracle User Community) umbrella for 12 Technology User Group from Mexico to Argentina.
- I'm the current manager (since 2016) of the "Oracle Technology Network Tours in LATAM" (now called Oracle Groundbreakers Tour). I was responsible for coordinating Oracle Employee speakers, Advocates, and local speakers.
Why are you running for the board, and what skills, connections, resources, and expertise do you have to offer to the organization?
I want to be an OATUG board member to bring a global strategy to the board of directors. The current inclusion of Oracle Technology makes me also the right candidate to bring a mix of Applications and Technology skills and expertise throughout the community. By running user groups in LATAM, as well as my interaction with Oracle Product Management teams, Customers would be precious for driving OATUG to its vision. Also, "being" an Oracle customer running technology and Cloud Apps will benefit OATUG to meet its vision of powering progress.
Tell us about your current professional role and what Oracle products you are using and/or supporting.
- Over the last decade, I've provided strategic leadership and architected solutions organizations globally on multiple initiatives involving a wide variety of Oracle technologies and applications (E-Business Suite, Fusion Applications, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Virtualization, Oracle Database among others).
- I represent, as Chief Technology Officer, IT Convergence, who is a global service provider but also an active user of Oracle products.
- At IT Convergence, I've worked with multiple Oracle Product Teams across the applications and technology areas. We've been the first beta tester of E-Business Suite 12.2 and currently being part of both Customer Advisory Board and Partner Advisory Board.
- I'm currently leading the "Implementation of Oracle Cloud Apps" for the company globally. We're moving from E-Business Suite 12.2 (Financials, HRMS, Projects, Procurement) to Oracle Cloud ERP, PPM, and SCM. I'm looking forward to sharing this story at COLLABORATE 2020!
- Current member of the Forbes Technology Council and passionate about technology!